Membership in the National Association for Poetry Therapy is open to anyone who shares our mission: Promoting growth and healing through language, symbol and story.
Community & Connection:
- Participate in an organization that is unique not just for its mission, but for the warmth and openness of its culture.
- Learn techniques, share ideas and network at our annual conference, with discounted registration for members (Continuing Education Units/Credits also available at the conference).
- Network and interact with others with shared interests by taking part in NAPT’s online discussion group, a virtual community where ideas, resources, and inspiration are freely shared.
- List your web site or blog or Facebook presence on the NAPT Websites page at NAPT Member Websites
- Be part of a large formal network dedicated to the support and development of the Association’s aims.
Note: NAPT is now distributing materials electronically or providing online access (with exceptions made for those without Internet access on request).
- The Museletter, our membership newsletter, published three times a year (in July, November and March), with association and events news, as well as articles, reviews, training and networking opportunities, and more
- The Journal of Poetry Therapy, published quarterly, with articles on research and process, dissertation abstracts, book reviews, and poetry
- A periodic e-newsletter with the latest news from the NAPT board as well as events, member announcements, and other resources
Personal & Professional Growth:
- Explore the use of poetry therapy, expressive writing, journal therapy and other uses of the language arts.
- Develop leadership skills and expand your professional networks through participation in NAPT committees and board service.
Support for Your Activities
- Grants for regional events focused on therapeutic writing
- Become an official NAPT Ambassador and spread the word of your own projects and the field by doing in-service presentations, TED Talks, and other workshops for interested organizations and institutions.
- Free listing of events and trainings in the Museletter
Apply for or renew your membership to NAPT by using our Online Membership Application. Has your membership information changed? If so, please send all changes of address, phone, e-mail, etc., to our Membership Chair at naptmembership@poetrytherapy.