Membership in NAPT
Join/Renew | Institutional Membership | Membership FAQs
Membership in the National Association for Poetry Therapy is open to anyone who shares our mission: Promoting growth and healing through language, symbol and story.
Community & Connection:
- Participate in an organization that is unique not just for its mission, but for the warmth and openness of its culture.
- Learn techniques, share ideas and network at our annual conference, with discounted registration for members (Continuing Education Units/Credits also available at the conference).
- Network and interact with others with shared interests by taking part in NAPT's online discussion group, a virtual community where ideas, resources, and inspiration are freely shared.
- List your web site or blog or Facebook presence on the NAPT Websites page at http://poetrytherapy.org/members.sites.html
- Be part of a large formal network dedicated to the support and development of the Association’s aims.
Note: NAPT is now distributing materials electronically or providing online access (with exceptions made for those without Internet access on request).
- The Museletter, our membership newsletter, published three times a year (in July, November and March), with association and events news, as well as articles, reviews, training and networking opportunities, and more
- The Journal of Poetry Therapy, published quarterly, with articles on research and process, dissertation abstracts, book reviews, and poetry
- A periodic e-newsletter with the latest news from the NAPT board as well as events, member announcements, and other resources
Personal & Professional Growth:
- Explore the use of poetry therapy, expressive writing, journal therapy and other uses of the language arts.
- Develop leadership skills and expand your professional networks through participation in NAPT committees and board service.
Support for Your Activities
- Grants for regional events focused on therapeutic writing
- Become an official NAPT Ambassador and spread the word of your own projects and the field by doing in-service presentations, TED Talks, and other workshops for interested organizations and institutions.
- Free listing of events and trainings in the Museletter
Apply for or renew your membership to NAPT by using our Online Membership Application
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the Membership FAQS page.