Current Institutional members:
- Butler University’s Master’s of Fine Arts in Creative Writing Program (with a specialty in Creative Writing for Wellness). Contact: Hilene Flanzbaum MFA Director at email@example.com or Mindy Dunn, Admin of MFA Program at firstname.lastname@example.org. MFA Students at Butler can specialize in poetry, fiction, or creative nonfiction, and can choose every semester from workshops in these genres. The program also includes a visiting writers series, teaching creative writing in schools and facilitating creative expression in other community settings. www.butler.edu/mfa
- Metanoia Institute: http://www.metanoia.ac.uk. Validated by Middlesex University (London), the MSc in Creative Writing for Therapeutic Purposes offers face-to face development in personal, practical and professional practice of creative writing for therapeutic purposes taught over 10 weekends per year. Students can complete a Postgraduate Certificate (Year 1), a Postgraduate Diploma (Year Two) and independent study with a Research Advisor to complete a dissertation (Year 3) and receive the MSc award. The course is offered in Bristol and London, UK.This unique course will offer students opportunities to engage with the theory and research which underpins this field in ways that foster their own critical abilities. Students will be encouraged to find their own voice on major issues. There is a strong emphasis on creating opportunities to develop the personal qualities that becoming a facilitator of creative writing for therapeutic purposes demands.
For more information go to: www.metanoia.ac.uk/msccwtp
or contact Mandy Kersey on 020 8579 2505 020 8579 2505 or email@example.com Metanoia Institute, 13 North Common Road, Ealing, London W5 2QB
- Center for Story and Symbol: http://www.folkstory.com/. Workshops on uses of stories and writing in psychotherapy
BENEFITS OF INSTITUTIONAL MEMBERSHIP:
Institutional Members offer vital support for NAPT and new opportunities for collaboration. Our Institutional Members receive a variety of incentives and discounts to help them connect with the rest of the membership:
- Conference discounts: Full-time staff and faculty of the Institutional Member’s organization may receive a 10% discount on the conference registration cost when attending NAPT’s annual conference. (Institutional Members, please contact the NAPT Administrator to find out how to receive your 10% Discount. Note that discounts cannot be combined)
- Publications: Institutional Members receive a free subscription to NAPT’s membership newsletter, The Museletter, which is published three times a year, and receive quarterly issues of the Journal of Poetry Therapy. Institutional Members also receive all e-mail announcements and mailings that are sent to the general membership.
- Listserv: Access to the member Yahoo group for discussions and connection to other member.
- Web Site: Listing on the NAPT web site with a link and description of your business, services and other information about your organization.
Apply for or renew your membership to NAPT by using our membership application. Has your membership information changed? If so, please send all changes of address, phone, e-mail, etc., to Stephanie Christenson at firstname.lastname@example.org , or visit the Membership FAQ page.