The National Association for Poetry Therapy provides the following list as a resource for those interested in organizations and projects related to the field of poetry/bibliotherapy and therapeutic expressive writing. This list is for informational purposes only and does not constitute any specific endorsement from NAPT.
- California Institute of Integral Studies
- Center for Journal Therapy
- College of St. Catherine, St. Paul MN, offers a 2-credit course in poetry therapy every other summer. The course is taught by Geri Chavis, Ph.D., CPT-M/S.
Contact Geri Chavis
- Creative “Righting” Center
- Goddard College’s Transformative Language Arts
- Institute for Poetic Medicine
- International Academy for Poetry Therapy
- Lesley University
- National Association of Memoir Writers
- Proprioceptive Writing
An expansion and revision of this list is in the process of being completed and will be ready shortly.