NAPT ANNUAL CONFERENCE
YMCA Blue Ridge Assembly on Black Mountain
in the scenic mountains outside of Asheville, NC
April 23-26, 2015
Blue Ridge Reflections: Word-Paths for Growth and Healing
The retreat center is a full-service conference center situated on 1200 acres of woodland beautified by mountain streams, wildflowers, ridges, valleys and spectacular views. This mountain vista lends itself to poetry, story, and NAPT'S quest for enhanced well being, self-reflection, personal and professional growth.
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
DEADLINE SEPTEMBER 15, 2014
We are currently accepting proposals for regular workshops for next year's conference in April. Our regular workshops should be 90 minutes in length, so plan your workshops accordingly. If you think that your work and experience may contribute to the professional growth, education or training of our participants and tie in to this year's theme, please submit a proposal. We will be offering CEU's for attending the conference workshops.
Please download and fill out the proposal form below and send it as soon as possible before the deadline. Also, please feel free to pass on the information about our conference to friends and colleagues who may be interested in attending or submitting a proposal on how writing, journaling, poetry, or any of the healing arts could tie into our theme.
Please email all proposals to: firstname.lastname@example.org (email preferred) OR mail to:
Barbara Kreisberg, CPT
Vice President of Conferences, NAPT
7800 SW 133 Terrace
Miami, FL 33156
We are very excited about the main events in place for the conference next year.
NAPT Highlights at the YMCA Blue Ridge Assembly:
We welcome you to our conference in April and have the following key events in place so far:
- Thursday night Welcoming Event: "Poetry Alive" - an energetic and inspirational opening event using high-energy and interactive Performance Poetry
- Friday morning: Keynote Speaker – Caryn Miriam-Goldberg, respected American poet, writer and professor, honored as the third Kansas Poet Laureate (2009–2012)
- Saturday morning: Keynote Poet Laura Hope-Gill, admired and esteemed Essayist, Poet, Teacher, Narrator, Storyteller, Director of the Writing Program at Lenoir-Rhyne Center for Graduate Studies in Asheville, NC
- Saturday afternoon: Laura will offer one hour interactive workshop after lunch on Saturday
- Saturday afternoon: Celebratory Event with innovative Christey Carwile, Ph.D, professor at Warren Wilson College in Asheville, who will facilitate a meaningful movement circle as the closing for our group using creative dance, spontaneous poetry, and community building movement exercises.
NAPT Book Sale Information
At our last conference at the Franciscan Renewal Center this past April we held a Book Sale where many wonderful books of poems, poetry therapy and journal therapy resources as well as other creative works by our authors were displayed. We will be having another Book Sale next year at annual NAPT conference at the YMCA Blue Ridge Assembly near Asheville, N.C. from April 23-26, 2015.
If you would like to showcase your book and/or any other item that relates to writing reflectively, please let us know.
Book sale hours will be extended and we will have change available. NO CREDIT CARDS will be accepted.
If you are interested in selling your books at the conference please send an email to me at email@example.com by October 15th. We need the following information:
Title of Book:
Cost of Book (rounded to nearest dollar):
Number of books brought to the conference:
Volunteers will be working hard to ensure that the sale is successful. We ask that all authors contribute 15 % of their sales to NAPT.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Barbara Kreisberg, Vice President, Conferences firstname.lastname@example.org
CEUs provided by
Barbara Kreisberg, Vice President of Conferences for more information at email@example.com